For children between the ages of 1 month to 12 months old, Sovereign Star has a specialised programme on early childhood care, development and education.
At Sovereign Star, we are committed to:
Building partnership with parents/children/whanau
Working in partnership with parents to personalise your baby’s care and routines and stimulating learning.
To be able to achieve best learning and development for the child, we welcome parents’ involvement.
Nurturing, caring for your baby and stimulating your baby’s learning
- Developing one-to-one connections
- Each infant will have their own primary caregiver who will establish a trusting, responsive relationship with that child
- Infants are cared for and nurtured by our professional staff in their own private and personal environment filled with colour and stimulation to meet the needs of their development. This is also achieved by reading stories together, singing songs and finger-plays
- Laughter, giggling and having fun allows your baby and our teachers to develop trust and strong relationships
- Observing and spending great time with your babies so that we understand them and provide meaningful curriculum to support them as they happily and confidently discover the world around them
- Providing regular, uninterrupted time for your baby to explore and learn
- Sharing in their delight of the endless discoveries of the world around them. This includes having access to a variety of natural materials, spaces and places both indoors and outdoors
- Encouraging and engaging your baby to use his/her senses to explore the world through a wide variety of experiences, resources and opportunities to touch, manipulate, listen and observe
For example, your child will know how it feels to grasp and touch objects; discover the result when pushing an object, pulling themself up, or crawling towards something interesting and attractive.
Creating a safe, happy and predictable environment
Infants develop well on safe, supportive, and predictable environments.
Our centre provides calm, relaxing, supporting and predictable environments as well as familiar routines that allows them to feel secure and at home.
Our centre combines easy indoor and outdoor flow making the natural environment, material, and spaces readily available to your baby.
Yes, natural spacious environment contributes significantly to your baby’s brain development as studies have shown.
Providing high quality age-appropriate resources, curriculum and opportunities
Age appropriate resources are provided for babies to explore and experiment.
Babies are fascinated with new objects and we know that babies like to touch, bang, throw, push and otherwise just explore as part of their development.
Sovereign Star provides these resources, curriculums, programmes and learning opportunities for your baby to discover and enjoy!